Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sunday was the first anniversary of Loren's death. I spent the day with my daughters and grandchildren. We planted a stepping stone in the garden. We adorned it with a beautiful begonia. We wept a little and remembered good and bad times. I felt exhausted at the end of the day and angry (mostly at my-self). I do not want to continue this  routine of work and home life that drags and goes on sad and gray. So, when I got the e-mail from Library Commission about the 23 things for professional development I decided to do this and bring itthe extreme. Change in the profession and change in the personal life. Yes,change is scary, but oh, so exciting. I want to renew my professional juices and go for all that can make me grow. I will do the 23 things and I will buy my-self a thing I have wanted for 30 years: a motorcycle.  I will learn new things in both my professional and personal life. I STRONGLY BELIEVE that you cannot cut one from the other, anyway.  It does not work for me. Usually, when I stretch and change in an area, the others benefit too.
I decided to keep this blog in the form of a diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment