Thursday, May 24, 2012

Turns out that in crashes involving cars and motorcycles, drivers often say that they never saw the bike.
In theory you should wear very bright colors when riding a motorcycle.  Yet, the most romantic, sexy, dare-devilish thing is to sport  black leather jacket, pants and boots (if you can afford them).
So here you have a contraddiction in visibility.
In our profession visibility is becaming a buzz word. They say: make your own brand. Cut and paste, use color. Whatever. Funny that one of nature most used survival tools is mimicri. In mimicri an animal or plant hides into its environment.  Certain butterflies assume the color of the bark of the tree where they land. It helps to confuse potential predators. I feel like that butterfly. I don't want to expose my-self, professionally, personally or otherwise, out there on the wild of internet. There are predators. We have became so complacent, we don't even notice them. Moreover, who needs to know what I do, what I like, what I say, what I stand for? To what end all this information, that it is me and mine, needs to be shared with those that I don't know? Conversely, why would I need to know about total strangers that I will never meet? Why should I pay attention to stuff posted here or there by people that I don't even know if they are for real?
I guess I will stick to leather jacket, leather pants, black boots and hope for good when I will be there, on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment